For the family that is looking to enjoy small-town ambience in a friendly environment, Ojai offers a fun-filled getaway in a scenic setting. With so many local attractions and things to do in Ojai, CA, the whole family can experience a new adventure each day.
The downtown Arcade is a place where dad, mom and the kids can stroll to Ojai Pizza Company which makes a great picnic eaten under the trees at nearby Libbey Park.
During the summer months, enjoy the free concerts on Wednesday nights at Libbey Park where balloons are still 25 cents each and everyone marches around the bandstand. The Fourth of July parade is the epitome of all things Americana with local Ojai residents lining the street to watch. It’s an all-day family friendly celebration with fireworks at night! Nearby Casitas Water Park offers a wet adventure in a picturesque setting around the rolling green hills of the Casitas Recreation Area, where families can enjoy many outdoor recreation activities.
It is no exaggeration to say our Valley offers some of the most beautiful Southern California hiking trails in the world including the Sespe Wilderness and the Matilija Wilderness – just 12 miles from town. Pick up a picnic lunch at Westridge Market or Rainbow Bridge, and head to the hills for a day of adventure.
Whether you are looking for affordable or luxury accommodations, Ojai has options that are ideal for family vacations to Southern California. Browse through our list of places to stay in Ojai.
Reconnect with nature and the simpler things in life, and create lifetime family memories!
- Pack a picnic and head to our newly renovated Libbey Park.
- Be sure to stop at Ojai Ice Cream for freshly made ice cream, fudge and other sweet treats.
- Pick Pixie Tangerines during the spring season at a local ranch.
- Go horseback riding in the foothills with a knowledgeable guide. Kids Camp is offered during holidays and summer months.
- Rent bikes and ride the Ojai Trail all the way to the Pacific Ocean.
- Hike on one of our scenic trails, or even do a family geocache hike.
- Boat or fish at Lake Casitas. During the summer, the Casitas Water Park is open.
- Enjoy a family dinner under the Oaks at Boccali’s Pizza and Pasta.